Editor’s Note: Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
Our hearts are with our Boulder County community today, especially those directly affected by the Marshall Fire. While details are still emerging, we know that the devastation is unimaginable, yet real for so many families in Superior, Louisville and Boulder County. The needs in our community as a result of this fire are great.
That’s where our organization comes in.
The Boulder County Democratic Party has deep connections with our community, as well as human capacity to help. Party leadership is currently reaching out to assess needs and will be communicating ways to help over the next several weeks.
Today, we want to connect our members with vetted organizations who are accepting donations that will fund direct aid to fire victims.
Ways You Can Help Victims of the Marshall Fire
Volunteer – Do not self-deploy to the disaster site.
- Sign up to volunteer with the Colorado Department of Homeland Security and Emergency Management.
- Sign up to be a vetted host to offer shelter to displaced residents at Airbnb.com
Donations to help those impacted
- Boulder County Wildfire Fund
- American Red Cross, Colorado Region Chapters
- Boulder County Office of Emergency Management
- YMCA of Northern Colorado, accepting donations (blankets, pillows, dog & cat food) at their location: 2800 Dagny Way, Lafayette, CO 80026
Please follow their updates for what supplies are needed: https://twitter.com/YMCANOCO
Our community has been through so much this year. We’ve supported one another through tragedy, through COVID and through other hardships. Let us come together again to help devastated families today, and in the weeks, months and years to come.
Your BoCo Dems Officer Team
Raffi Mercuri, Chair
Amy Weinstein, Vice Chair – Internal
Emily Sandoval, Vice Chair – External
Carol Teal, Treasurer
Jason Sherry, Secretary