Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
As mentioned in my message in February, the Road of Remembrance Mitigation Working Group recommended to CDOT and the State Historic Preservation Advisory Office (SHPO) that the Road of Remembrance Gateway, aka the Pillars, be relocated to the NW corner of US 287 and Arapahoe Road. We’re pleased to announce that both CDOT and SHPO have accepted that recommendation.
Work is now beginning on the planning, design, legal, funding, and other aspects of the project. Though no timeline has been established for completion, CDOT personnel and the Working Group are actively moving forward with the project.
In the interim, CDOT and the Working Group are undertaking steps to mitigate the impacts of the recent road construction, pending the relocation. These plans tentatively include:
- resurfacing the area around the south pillar,
- replacing or repainting the guardrails,
- removing the abandoned utility pole on the north side of Arapahoe,
- trimming the trees currently obscuring the north pillar, and
- erecting a sign that identifies the “Road of Remembrance Gateway” facing westbound traffic east of the north pillar on the north side of Arapahoe.
We are excited to reach this milestone, and look forward to continuing the project. Thanks for your interest, and let us know if you have any questions,
Boulder Rotary Club