Boulder’s restaurants have a slew of specials happening to honor St. Valentin; these are our picks for the evening:
(And, just for full disclosure: as much as I like lobster, I picked most of these based on the amazing-sounding dessert options!)
- Cafe Aion: $75 per couple gets you a choice of two tapas, a large platter to share and two desserts, including: Crispy Duck Confit with winter panzanella, Lobster Paella – Chorizo, saffron, preserved lemon & chilies, and Rosewater & Pomegranate Crème Brulee.
- St. Julien: $59.95 per person gets you four courses, including surf and turf and baked Alaska for two, flambéed table side. (Sure to impress!)
- Oak at Fourteenth: $65 per person for four courses featuring lobster shooters, their famous kale salad, oak grilled beef shortribs and a romantic-sounding passion fruit and dark chocolate fondu.
- Flagstaff House isn’t offering a prix fixe menu, but does highlight a Valentine’s seafood sampler for two, and a Valentine’s dessert for two. Their romantic views alone would put them on my list, regardless of the menu.
- Frasca: $110 per person for a five course menu that features lobster salad and lobster bisque, petrale sole with caviar and sunchokes, and the “ Sfogliata”, house-made puff pastry, brown butter-hazelnut frangipane, banana, hazelnut crumble, and custard gelato.
And, for anyone not celebrating with a sweetheart (or anyone with a sweetheart who has a great sense of humor), The Kitchen [Next Door] is hosting an anti-Valentine’s Day 80’s dance party, 9pm-close, complete with DJ, and guests are invited to start the evening at the BOCA, for a complimentary champagne and chocolate reception for the opening of their newest exhibit, the Museum of Broken Relationships, starting at 6:30PM.
Other exciting stuff:
Local Table Tours Valentine’s Day Cocktail Tour: a Cupid-inspired bar hopping experience.
The Pearl’s Treats Valentine Day ‘Hearts and Tarts’ Burlesque Extravaganza at Shine Restaurant & Gathering Place: A titillating evening of delicious food, music, comedy, belly dance, and burlesque performances. Dance party to follow.
Red Party at Bitter Bar: to benefit OUT Boulder.
Wine & Dessert Pairing at Oliverde: with Settembre Cellars and Nathan Miller Chocolates.
Colorado Crafted Valentine’s Day Boxes: with artisan, Colorad-made chocolates. Shipping is free to anywhere in the U.S. if you order by 2/10.
Want a full rundown of what Boulder restaurants are dishing up for Valentine’s Day? Check out this more comprehensive list.