We at Yellow Scene love a good game, and nothing amuses us more in the morning than reading the latest rantings of Glenn Beck. We’ve also had our fair share of cab journeys with a driver who wants to put the world to rights. So here’s the game, dear readers. We’ve offered up a series of quotes – just tell us where they came from. Beck or cabbie. Answers to email@example.com. Winner gets some swag.W
1. I don’t think we came from monkeys. I think that’s ridiculous. I haven’t seen a half-monkey, half-person yet.
2. We should have an island for rapists and pedophiles, build a wall around it, let them sort themselves out.
3. You don’t take the name Barack to identify with America. You take the name Barack to identify with what? Your heritage? The heritage, maybe, of your father in Kenya, who is a radical? Is — really? Searching for something to give him any kind of meaning, just as he was searching later in life for religion.
4. I don’t like black people, but I like Prince. He’s famous.
5. When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I’m just like, ‘Oh shut up!’ I’m so sick of them because they’re always complaining. And we did our best for them.
6. How can women wear short skirts, low tops, looking all la-dee-dah, and then complain about getting harassed? Makes no sense.
7. The only [Katrina victims] we’re seeing on television are the scumbags.
8. Persecution is coming. If this goes through, persecution is coming. I mean serious prosecution. Mark my words. … If gay marriage goes through the Supreme Court and gay marriage becomes fine and they can put teeth in it, so now they can go after the churches, 50 percent of our churches will fall away, meaning the congregations.
9. That’s it – I’m moving to Canada.