If breakfast is the most important meal of the day, then why not start your day off with some perfectly terrifying toast? This simple trick is a great way to jumpstart your kid’s day with a smile before school, or you can wrap a piece or two up with lunch for a scary mid-day snack. This is also a really fun way to get your children active in the kitchen, as they’ll love making their own faces on their toast-canvases. These are also delicious with dinner, just add a bit of Italian seasoning and some garlic powder to the toast at the very end for a savory twist.
- Food coloring
- Sliced bread
- Simply pour a small amount of milk into different containers and add as much food coloring as you like.
- Paint your monsters on a slice of bread – your only limit is your imagination.
- Toast lightly.
- Butter to your preference and enjoy!
Who says creepy food has to be a candy or dessert? Make the scare the main dish with this easy to make Meathand Loaf. You can use your own recipe for meatloaf as well, but this one is always a crowd-pleaser and forms the hand easily. Make sure to wet your hands as you form the shape, as that will make creating the hand a lot easier.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1 white onion, peeled
- Sliced provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the ground beef, eggs and breadcrumbs in a bowl until well combined.
- Peel slices of onion to make finger nails.
- Cut a center round from the onion to make the wrist bone.
- Form the hand on a greased baking sheet (don’t rush, as this will take some practice to form.)
- Use the onions for nails at the end of each finger.
- Spread a little ketchup on each finger and on the base of the hand.
- Top with sliced provolone cheese.
- Bake about 30 minutes or until cheese is crispy and meat is cooked through.
Serve right away for a ghoulish dinner.