Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we are now publishing some press peleases in whole.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
NAACP Boulder County Letter to Boulder City Council on
Police Accountability and Housing for Homeless during the Pandemic
- Conflict of interest by Police Auditor Monitor Mr. Joseph Lipari.
- Officer Smyly who held a gun on a Naropa student, went on paid leave for many months, and is now serves in the Sheriff’s Department on the taxpayer’s dime.
- Officer Lolotai was put on leave for social media posts in support of Police brutality, resigned rather than face inquiry and is free to serve in another community.
- Earlier this year, homeless clients were turned away from full shelters during a snowstorm during a Pandemic; this practice resulted in the death Mr. John Aldridge earlier this month.
- City Council must review and change how they serve homeless community members to:
Prevent additional deaths due to harsh weather
Provide housing during the Pandemic/Flu season
Take measures to ensure public health of all citizens in the COVID era.
For more information contact:
NAACP Boulder County