The Best Recommend the Best!
These local celebrities took the time to tell us what they think is special about our area. We think it’s important to get notes from the movers and shakers in Boulder County, the people turning up and turning BOCO into the fantastically dizzying, globally lauded area of Colorado that it is. We called and asked, this is what they said. Take notes, mark your calendars, and plan to get out there to see the good that BOCO’s best have to offer.
Marketing and Public Relations Director for “CU Presents” told us a few of her favorite things. Cream colored kittens? I’m sure she would have but her list includes…
• The Colorado Shakespeare Festival (can’t wait for the new season)
• Faculty Tuesdays at the CU Boulder College of Music
• The Lafayette Miner’s Museum
• Community Restaurant
• Moxie Bakery
CEO of Imagine! They provide access to programs for folks with intellectual or developmental disabilities and direct support for folks with developmental, cognitive and physical challenges. He loves places that are accessible. Fred recommends…
• Walden Ponds Wildlife Habitat (unless it is really wet, most trails are accessible)
• Dog House Music Studio (providing a hub for local musicians and provides a music therapist for children
• The Sink Best Burgers provides employment for people with disabilities
• Imagine! Etsy Page
• A little self-promotion never hurts!
CEO for Colorado Voters for Animals travels to Boulder to walk.
• The Pearl Street Mall
• And for those of us who have had close encounters of the bear kind there is Boulderbearcoalition.org that provides information on peaceful coexistence with our furry friends.
President & CEO of the Boulder Chamber loves pretty much everything about the Boulder area.
• The innovative business environment (we are nothing if not creative)
• The entrancing beauty of our natural surroundings seen in places like Rocky Mountain National Park
• A run on South Boulder trails
• Music at the Boulder Theater and/or Fox Theater
• Disc Golf at Harlow Platts
School of Rock (owner) knows where to rock ‘n roll.
• The Drum Box in Lafayette, a great place for drummers or anyone who would just like to hit something!
• SolSatelite is her favorite local band
• Monkton Guitars in Broomfield has a great selection and you can try before you buy.
• With 4 kids all wanting their own thing, 95a has something for everyone!
• Broomfield Bike Park is great every day.
Executive V.P. of Eldorado Natural Spring Water says he absolutely loves…
• Hiking Sanitas with his Bernese Mountain dog Hugo
• Going to Eldorado Springs for a hike in the canyon and swim in the pool
• Brunch at Chautauqua Dining Hall
• Saturday morning at the Boulder Farmers Market
• Happy Hour on the creek
Realtor at The Fowler Group, has special places all over the county.
• Sushi Zanmai, Cafe Blue, 95A for cuisine choices
• Boulder Theater for concerts and Press Play Bar to play pool and dance
• AR Workshop to make DIY signs
• Boulder Reservoir (to tube and waterski in the summer)
• CU Football Games (we are season ticket holders – hoping to go this year)
• Gateway Park for go-karts and putt-putt and Mount Sanitas for hiking
• Lola Nails and Lashes (for pampering)
Andrew Williams Designs, puts his celebrity votes towards…
• The Flatirons (also on our Critics Choice List!)
• Historic Downtown Louisville on First Fridays (pre-pandemic)
• Boulderado Hotel
• Summer Concert Series (Louisville pavilion)
• Moxie Bread
State Farm in Erie, thinks this is “Fantastic, what an honor! It’s an honor for us.” These are her top 5 Boulder County things:
• Shopping at Due South
• Dinner at Taj Mahal 3
• Hiking to the star during the holidays
• Hanging out at Eben G Fine Park with my family
• Buying flowers at The Flower Bin
(She/her/hers) Eco-Cycle Deputy Director, she worried that her answers were too general, but we don’t think so. It’s great to have a bird’s eye view of what’s great in BOCO.
• The huge array of Boulder County hiking trails
• Boulder County bike trails that make it so easy, safe and enjoyable to bike rather than drive
• Boulder County Farmers Market where you can have so much fun buying organic food straight from the farmer who grew it
• Planet Bluegrass for world class music, camping, river play and general fun for the whole family
• Boulder County’s network of nonprofits that contribute so much on so many fronts to our local quality of life.
YS Writer, Animal person. My favorite things? Actually, cream-colored kittens, especially if they are adopted from the Humane Society of the Boulder Valley or the Longmont Humane Society.
• Luvin’ Arms Farm Animal Sanctuary in Erie and Good Life Refuge in Longmont
• Bumbling Bee vegan restaurant in Boulder
• Pica’s Mexican Restaurant’s grilled veggie and beet burritos
• Long walks to nowhere with my dog, Timmy