Editor’s Note: Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
- Professional field to compete for a $30,000 professional prize purse
- Live coverage of Saturday’s event to be broadcast on Outside TV, as one of 11 IRONMAN 70.3 events to be broadcast throughout the 2022 season
- 2022 IRONMAN®?70.3® Boulder Triathlon
- Boulder, Colorado is set to celebrate 20 years of racing when the 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Boulder triathlon takes place this Saturday, Aug. 6
- Many of triathlon’s best including Tim O’Donnell, Justin Metzler, 2016 IRONMAN 70.3 World Champion Holly Lawrence, and 3-time IRONMAN World Champion Mirinda Carfrae among others compete for a total professional prize purse of $30,000 USD
- Live event coverage of the 2022 2022 IRONMAN?70.3 Boulder to be broadcast on Outside TV.
- 2022 IRONMAN?70.3 Boulder is a dual qualifier offering slots to both the 2022 Intermountain Healthcare IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship presented by Utah Sports Commission in St. George, Utah, and the 2023 VinFast IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship in Lahti, Finland.
- 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Boulder will lead athletes along a 1.2-mile swim down the Boulder Reservoir, a 56-mile bike through the rolling hills of Boulder County, and a 13.1-mile two-loop run along the Boulder Reservoir, up 63rd Street to Monarch, and all along the Dam Road.
- Outside TV (Coverage starts at 6:30 a.m. MT/8:30 ET)
- 2022 Event Logo
- Human Interest Stories
- Course Maps
- Athlete Guide
- Event Facebook Page
- Event Website
- The event will welcome over 3,000 registered participants from 29 countries and 49 states
- 18-year-old Alayna Szuch from Evergreen, Colo. is the youngest female athlete racing
- 18-year-old Pacen Hancock from Pleasant Grove, Utah is the youngest male athlete racing
- 78-year-old Cherie Gruenfeld from Cathedral City, Calif. is the oldest female athlete racing
- 80-year-old Mike George from Longmont, Colo. is the oldest male athlete racing
- Occupations include Attorney, Airline Pilot, Dentist, Flight Attendant, Fire Fighter, Engineer, Librarian, Lifeguard, Musician, and Scientist.
- For a full list of professional athletes, visit here.
- Thursday, Aug 4
- 2:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. – IRONMAN Village and Athlete Check-In open – Boulder Reservoir
- Friday, Aug 5
- 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. – IRONMAN Village and Athlete Check-In – Boulder Reservoir
- 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. – Mandatory Bike Check-In – Boulder Reservoir
- 5:00 a.m. – IRONKIDS Fun Run – Boulder Reservoir
- Saturday, Aug 6 – Race Day
- 4:30 a.m. – 7 a.m. Transition area open – Boulder Reservoir
- 6:30 a.m. Pre-Race Show begins on Outside TV
- 7:05 a.m. Professional Men & Women Race Starts – Boulder Reservoir
- Approx. 10:40 p.m. The first finisher is expected at the finish line.
- Approx. 4:50 p.m. Race Ends (8.5 hours after the last athlete enters the water)
*All times listed are local Mountain Time (MT).
The full event schedule can be found here.
What to Know:
- Live Event Broadcast on Outside TV
- LIVE race coverage of the 2022 IRONMAN?70.3 Boulder triathlon to air on Outside TV. Coverage of the event will feature several camera angles and locations that will immerse viewers into all the action.
- Coverage will begin with a pre-race show at 6:30 a.m. MT/8:30 a.m. ET that previews the pro field and course while also including exclusive interviews with triathlon personalities and other special guests. Live broadcast programming features 11 IRONMAN 70.3 triathlon events throughout the 2022 season, including the 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 World Championship
- For information on the 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 event broadcast, visit here.
Registration for media credentials to the upcoming 2022 IRONMAN 70.3 Boulder triathlon taking place on Saturday, Aug. 6 is now available. Media interested in covering the event must register at the link below by Friday, Aug 5 at 1:00 p.m. MT to be considered for media credentials.
CREDENTIAL REQUESTS ON RACE DAY WILL NOT BE APPROVED. Media who arrive on the day of the race without proper registration, will not be provided credentials or access to race venues.
Please visit, www.ironman.com/credential-requests to apply for credentials.
About The IRONMAN Group
The IRONMAN Group operates a global portfolio of events that includes the IRONMAN®?Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN®?70.3®?Triathlon Series, the IRONMAN®?Virtual Racing™ (VR™) Series, 5150™ Triathlon Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll®?Running Series, the Rock ‘n’ Roll Virtual Running™ Series,?IRONKIDS®, World Triathlon Championship Series, premier running events including the Standard Chartered Singapore Marathon™ and City2Surf®, UTMB® World Series events including?Tarawera?Ultra and Ultra-Trail Australia™, Epic Series™ mountain bike races including the Absa Cape Epic®, road cycling events including Haute Route®, and other?multisport races. The IRONMAN Group is the largest operator of mass participation sports in the world and?provides?more than a million participants annually the benefits of endurance sports through the company’s vast offerings. Since the?inception?of the iconic IRONMAN®?brand and its first event in 1978, athletes have proven that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE®?by crossing finish lines around the world. Beginning as a single race, The IRONMAN Group has grown to become a global sensation with hundreds of events across 55+ countries. The IRONMAN Group is owned by Advance, a private, family-owned business. For more information, visit?www.ironman.com/about-ironman-group.
Advance is a private, family-held business that owns and invests in companies across media, entertainment, technology, communications, education and other promising growth sectors. Our mission is to build the value of our companies over the long-term by fostering growth and innovation. Advance’s portfolio includes Condé Nast, Advance Local, Stage Entertainment, The IRONMAN Group, American City Business Journals, Leaders Group, Turnitin, 1010data and Pop. Together these operating companies employ more than 17,000 people in 29 countries. Advance is also among the largest shareholders in Charter Communications, Discovery and Reddit. For more information visit www.advance.com.