Editor’s Note: Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
November 29 is Giving Tuesday, a global movement created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity. Ahead of Giving Tuesday please help us spread the word of Colorado-based nonprofit organization Can’d Aid and the good work they do to help students get outside and stay active. We are excited to share that all donations up to $10,000 will be matched dollar for dollar from November 22- 29th. Whether you give $5 or $500, every dollar makes a difference. Your donation will go directly towards distributing water, providing access and opportunities for underserved youth to experience music, arts and the outdoors, and protecting and restoring the environment – all while rallying volunteers to take an active role in building thriving communities nationwide.
Can’d Aid, the local nonprofit is hosting multiple events the week of Nov. 28! The three events will provide kids from underserved communities in Denver with over 100 bikes to get them active and off their screens.
Starting Monday, Nov. 28, nonprofit Can’d Aid is partnering with distribution company, High Country Beverage to donate 75 bikes for the entire first and second grade class of Columbine Elementary School. Later that week on Dec. 1, Can’d Aid is also partnering with Empire Lakewood Nissan and local volunteers to build 55 bikes that will be donated the following day, Dec 1, to the first-grade class of University Prep-Steele.
MEDIA ALERT BELOW
In 2022 alone, with the help of our generous supporters, Can’d Aid has built and donated 2,159 Bikes, 1,066 skateboards, and 2,957 art kits to underserved youth. They have also donated 352 instruments to low-income public schools and organizations and launched a campaign to build an ADA accessible, inclusive playground in Berthoud, CO.
We’d love to connect you with Can’d Aid Executive Director this week, and invite you to attend the events in Denver. Please see the media alter below for more information and RSVP to let us know if you are available to join us by contacting Can’d Aid Founder + Executive Director Diana Ralston at 970-275-5156.
Nonprofit Can’d Aid Hosts Multiple Events to Donations Over 100 Bikes to Youths in Denver
- Nov 28 – High Country Beverage Bike Donation
- WHAT: Local nonprofit organization Can’d Aid and High Country Beverage will donate 75 bikes on Monday, Nov. 28, to the entire first and second grade class of Columbine Elementary School. The in-person donation event will include a live demonstration by professional mountain biker Jeff Lenosky to provide a few tips and tricks and to encourage the kids to get active outside.
- WHEN: Donation – Nov. 28, 2-3 pm
- WHERE: Donation – Columbine Elementary School (111 Longs Peak Ave, Longmont, CO 80501)
- WHEN: Nov. 28, 2-3 PM
- Dec 1 – Volunteer-led Bike Build
- Dec 2 – Bike Donation
- WHAT: The in-person donation event at University Prep-Steele will include a live demonstration by professional mountain biker Jeff Lenosky to provide a few tips and tricks and to encourage the kids to get active outside.
- WHERE: Bike Donation – University Prep-Steele (3230 E 38th Ave, Denver, CO 80205)
- WHEN: Dec. 2, 1:30-2:30 pm
About Can’d Aid
Can’d Aid is a nationally recognized nonprofit that rallies volunteers from all walks of life to build thriving communities. Through their unique integrated approach, they distribute water, increase access and opportunities for underserved youth to experience music, arts and the outdoors; and protect and restore the environment. Since inception in 2013, more than 3 million cans of water have been distributed, over 13,000 skateboards and bikes have been built for underprivileged youth, more than 3,000 instruments have been donated and the equivalent of 73 million aluminum cans have been recycled. To donate, volunteer or learn more, please visit candaid.org.