This month: Five facts you may not know about Chanukah:
1. Hanukkah is Hebrew for “Dedication.”
2. Foods fried in oil are traditional Chanukkah eats — symbolizing the miracle of the oil that burned for 8 nights when it should have only lasted one.
3. The correct answer to this question: “When is Chanukah this year?” is this: “The same as it is every year! The 25th of Kislev!”
4. To properly celebrate Hanukkah by lighting the menorah for all 8 nights, you’ll need 44 total candles.
5. We spelled Channukah six different ways above. All of them are correct, since it’s a transliteration of a Hebrew word.