Editor’s Note: Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
Feb. 21, 2022—Credentialed members of the media are invited to attend and cover this year’s Chancellor’s Annual Summit “Working to Forge a Just and Sustainable Future.” Featured speakers, including Gov. Jared Polis, will discuss various aspects of how climate change is impacting human rights here and around the world. Additional media availability upon request.
- Gov. Jared Polis, entrepreneur and businessman, serves as the 43rd governor of Colorado since January 2019. He served on the Colorado State Board of Education from 2001 to 2007, and as the United States representative from Colorado’s 2nd congressional district from 2009 to 2019.
- Matt Burgess, assistant professor of environmental studies, a faculty affiliate in the Department of Economics and a fellow of the Cooperative Institute for Research in Environmental Sciences (CIRES). His research focuses on the impact of 21st century economic growth on climate change; the political polarization of climate change; and how mathematical models can help us understand trade-offs between different environmental and societal goals.
- Clint Carroll, associate professor of ethnic studies and citizen of the Cherokee Nation. Carroll who works closely with Cherokee people in Oklahoma on issues of land conservation and the perpetuation of land-based knowledge and ways of life.
- Heidi VanGenderen, CU Boulder’s chief sustainability officer and driver of the campus’s sustainability vision and plan. Prior to CU, she served as a senior energy advisor for the Worldwatch Institute and Colorado’s first gubernatorial climate advisor for Gov. Bill Ritter.
- James White, professor of geological sciences and environmental studies, acting dean of the College of Arts and Sciences and founding director of the Department of Environmental Studies at CU Boulder.
When: Wednesday, Feb. 23
- 5:30-6:15 p.m. Welcome reception
- 6:15-7 p.m. Presentations and Q&A
Where: History Colorado Center, 1200 Broadway, Denver
Media RSVP: Email firstname.lastname@example.org by 5 p.m. Tuesday if you wish to attend to receive parking and other information.
|CU Boulder Media Relations
|Follow us @CUBoulderNews|