There’s a lot going on around the Boulder County area recently. CU’s football program is a disaster—which really isn’t new news, however head coach John Embree was released from his position last week, stirring up some more drama for the team. Mother Nature hates Christmas and is straight up boycotting the holiday by not producing any snow and keeping temps around the 60s. There’s a bunch of professional football players from Australia wandering around in fairly short shorts in Boulder as part of a 2-week high-altitude training.
So much going on. So let’s catch up a little. Here’s what you need to know to be in the know this week:
• It was just announced that G. Love & Special Sauce will be paying a trip to the Boulder Theater on Friday, March 15th. Tickets go on sale on December 14th, and will definitely sell-out quickly. Add it to your calendar.
• Spirit Hound Distillery in Lyons kicked off what they hope to be many, many more years of business last week and are serving up specialty drinks made with house-made vodka, gin and the very lethal Richardo’s Never Clear – Decaf Liquor. Stop into the cozy tasting room this weekend and check them out.
• Oskar Blues is opening yet another business. Seriously guys? We’re still reeling from the last announcement! Keep an eye out for the new CHUBurger burger joint to open in Longmont next year. OB is promising tasty burgers with grass-fed beef from their Hops and Heifers farm as well as frosty shakes made with craft beer.
• The CU Buffs football program is… what it is—but the Buff’s Men’s and Women’s Basketball teams are kicking butt! Both teams are riding high this week after defeating in-state nemesis, the CSU Rams. Tickets prices are increasing and aren’t as easy to come by this season, due to the success of both teams, so check their schedule here, and make sure you catch a game this season.
• Bingo is cool again—well, at least I think so. I’ll be at The Bingo Mine this Saturday with my collection of troll dolls and different colored dobbers trying to win some big bucks while spending some quality time with my family. Sure, you’re laughing now, but I’ll get the last laugh when I steal the $75 grand prize away from an elderly woman by winning a game of black out.
And that is what you need to know to be in the know.