Treat – Scary Eyes
Feast your eyes on this tasty snack!
- 12 eggs
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 can sliced black olives
1. Boil the eggs, then remove from the heat and let stand for about 15 minutes. Rinse under cold water and let the eggs cool completely. Peel the eggs, and slice them in half lengthwise.
2. Remove the yolks from the eggs and place them in a bowl. Mix with the relish, mayonnaise, celery salt, mustard, and food coloring. Spoon this filling into the egg whites and place them on a serving tray. Round the top of the filling, creating the eyeball effect.
3. Place an olive slice on each yolk to create the pupil of the eye. Dab a tiny bit of mayonnaise or sliced tomato in the center of the olive to complete the effect.
Treat – Witches Fingers
Finger-lickin’ Good for your Halloween Feast!
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup whole almonds
- 1 tube red decorating gel
1. Combine the butter, sugar, egg, almond extract, and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl. Beat together with an electric mixer; gradually add the flour, baking powder, and salt, continually beating; refrigerate 20 to 30 min.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
3. Remove dough from refrigerator in small amounts. Scoop 1 heaping teaspoon at a time onto a piece of waxed paper. Use the waxed paper to roll the dough into a thin finger-shaped cookie.
4. Press one almond into an end of each cookie for fingernails. Squeeze cookie near the tip and again near the center of each to give the impression of knuckles. You can also cut into the dough at the same points to help give a more finger-like appearance.
5. Arrange the shaped cookies on the baking sheets. Bake until the cookies are slightly golden in color, 20 to 25 min.
6. Remove the almond from the end of each cookie; squeeze a small amount of red decorating gel into the cavity; replace the almond to cause the gel to ooze out around the tip of the cookie.