Time is a construct we all use. People love it, hate it, or want more of it. Let’s talk about how to appreciate it.
Time is a resource that, once spent, can’t be replaced. Right now, you have been given the gift of time. It’s strange to discuss a gift from a pandemic. Indulge me. Many companies have changed policies, workforces have been reduced permanently or temporarily, people have been forced to spend more time with family, friends, and ourselves. We have had to re-evaluate and change how we use our time in a short amount of time. It shocked many people while making others nervous, fearful, anxious, or stressed. The changes made us use time differently.
As you take time to explore what this change has done for you, it would be great to make some longer term changes to help you appreciate your “gift” more. Be proactive and think about what you will do the next time you are gifted with time. Make a list. How can you use your gift of extra time?
Here are 5 simple tips to help you appreciate your gift of time (when you are given that gift):
- Put down your technology and listen to what your needs are.
- Use your schedule effectively and assess what you can do differently. What will you do to use your time and schedule more effectively in the future?
- Make time for things you love now and in the future.
- Save time for people you love.
- Take alone time. You may find that it can create anxiety. Embrace that feeling.