Editor’s Note: Press Releases are provided to Yellow Scene. In an effort to keep our community informed, we publish some press releases in whole.
BOULDER, CO. (April, 5th, 2023) – After a wildly successful inaugural year, First Sip is back to celebrate the incredible and diverse beverage scene in Boulder County from April 26 – 30th. Featuring dozens of local restaurants, breweries, distilleries, and small businesses, First Sip is the premiere opportunity for thirsty patrons to sip their way across Boulder exploring new beverage programs revamped for Spring, tasting a perfectly paired beverage and nosh, and even purchasing their favorite libations to take home to enjoy.
“We’re thrilled to be hosting First Sip again.” shares Jessica Benjamin, owner of Savor Productions, the producer of First Sip and First Bite. “Last year was remarkable to welcome over 9,000 patrons throughout the weekend and we are excited to build on that momentum and showcase even more compelling menus this year.”
As beverage programs have become more inventive and ever-evolving, they are more than deserving of the spotlight in the foodie world. First Sip will highlight the variety Boulder has to offer, each as unique as the participating businesses. There is something for everyone with tasting flights, mocktails, coffee specials, featured cocktails, and specialty pop-up events.
The current list of First Sip participants includes:
- 740 Front Street
- Avanti F&B
- Bohemian Biergarten
- Bootleg Betty
- Boulder Spirits by Vapor Distillery
- Café Aion
- Dagabi Cucina
- Dedalus Wine Shop & Market
- Dry Storage Bakehouse
- Ghost Box Pizza
- The Greenbriar Inn
- Hazel’s Beverage World
- The Hungry Toad
- Pizzeria Alberico
- Postino WineCafé
- R Gallery & Wine Bar
- Rayback Collective
- Roadhouse Boulder Depot
- Rosetta Hall
- Sanitas Brewing
- The Sink
- Stella’s Cucina
- Süti & Co.
- Wahoo’s Fish Tacos
With over 28 participants this year, many of their offerings are noteworthy and appeal to a larger audience. Patrons can choose their own adventure by sorting through the various options to satisfy their thirst:
- Kick things off Wednesday at Gracia, Rosetta Hall’s coffee bar to try one of their debut coffee drinks. Swing over to Cafe Aion for dinner of a wine flight plus paella dinner for two.
- Enjoy a daytime nosh at Süti & Co. as they showcase their culinary talents with a housemade savory nibble board paired with a variety of mocktails.
- Spend Thursday visiting the newly re-opened Pizzeria Alberico to taste their mezcal cocktail the Vesuvius Vixen.
- Try more for less with Postino WineCafe BOGO menu, and mention First Sip at DaGabi Cucina for a full 15% off your dinner bill.
- Go big with The Sink as they celebrate First Sip in conjunction with their 100th Anniversary specialty event: Friday Afternoon Club from 3-5 pm. Indulge in their over-the-top milkshakes, mango chile lime pop tequila cocktail, and pickle-rich bloody mary.
- Friday evening the Dry Storage patio will be the place to be with a pop-up wine bar and live DJ set playing 5-9 pm. Sister restaurant Basta around the corner will be a must-try as well as they feature their new, beverage-forward pre-fixe menu of four courses of cocktails paired with delectable dishes.
- For beer enthusiasts, Sanitas Brewing has a beer flight that can’t be missed, Japango will be serving up a rare Russian River duo and Rayback Collective is getting creative with their beer cocktail and Irish Cold Coffee.
- If taking libations home is preferred, order a to-go liter of margaritas from T/ACO or get ready for hosting garden parties with bottles with a 10% discount on any 6 bottles of wine from Dedalus, or 15% off full cases.
- Spend Sunday brunch wine tasting with Greenbriar Inn and head back into Boulder by 3:00 for a scotch tasting at The Hungry Toad (must buy tickets in advance!)
- Rosetta Hall will be the weekend finale on Sunday as they kick off their rooftop season with a Rooftop Party 12-8 pm! Channeling summer beach vibes with a live DJ, sip on Brazilian caipirinhas, Caribbean punches, and East Coast highballs as the gorgeous Flatirons get that sunset glow.
- All participant offerings and events are listed at FirstSipBoulder.com.
“This event is a great way to showcase the incredible talent and creativity of our local beverage industry and dining scene, and we can’t wait for everyone to come out to enjoy all that Boulder has to offer” Benjamin shares.
The Badass Bartender Award sponsored by Society Insurance is topping off this celebratory event with a bang. This award honors a bartender who goes above and beyond to deliver outstanding customer service or team support and positively influences the customer experience. Nominations will be open from now through May 1st, with the winner announced on May 3rd. The winning bartender will not only get bragging rights as the master of mixology but will receive $250 cash and a case full of fun gifts from First Sip partners.
Additional information on First Sip can be found on the website firstsipboulder.com or on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter at @savor.productions