NAACP Boulder Meeting
Date: Wednesday, October 26th.
When: 6 – 7 PM.
Where: Innisfree Poetry Bookstore and Cafe, 1301 Pennsylvania Ave, Boulder
Members of the community are working to create an active NAACP Boulder Branch. You do not have to become a member of the NAACP to attend our meetings and actions and be involved in our work. All are welcome. Still, we are close to reaching the 50 member mark and submitting a request to the NAACP National Board of Directors to form an official Unit. You are welcome to join us in the benefits of NAACP membership and leadership by becoming a financial member.
The principle objectives of the Association are as follows:
- To ensure the political, educational, social, and economic equality of all citizens
- To achieve equality of rights and eliminate race prejudice among the citizens of the United States
- To remove all barriers of racial discrimination through democratic processes
- To seek enactment and enforcement of federal, state, and local laws securing civil rights
- To inform the public of the adverse effects of racial discrimination and to seek its elimination
- To educate persons as to their constitutional rights and to take all lawful action to secure the exercise thereof, and to take any other lawful action in furtherance of these objectives, consistent with the NAACP’s Articles of Incorporation and this Constitution.
These objectives are as vital in Boulder, where people of color are minimally represented, as they are in any other area of the country. In fact, lesser numbers in terms of diversity of race, ethnicity, language and other factors tend to create greater disproportionality. So, we believe that this is a prime time to help the City as it invests time and money in developing a welcoming and inclusive community. Now is the time for a NAACP Boulder Branch. Learn more at WWW.NAACP.ORG and/or contact Boulder Branch President Andrew McFadyen-Ketchum at firstname.lastname@example.org/615.337.4313 or Vice President Gillian Asque at email@example.com.